Urban Roots

with 2 comments


About Urban Roots

Urban Roots is a nonprofit organization that use sustainable agriculture to transform the lives of young people in the community and increase access to healthy food in Austin.

Founded in 2007 as a program of YouthLaunch, they became an independent non-profit in the Fall of 2011. Urban Roots provides paid internships to youth (ages 14-17) to work on the farm. They set a goal of growing 30,000 pounds of produce, with 40% of that being donated to local soup kitchens and food pantries. The other 60% is sold at farmers’ markets (and at in.gredients!) and through their CSA.

Social handles

Website | Facebook | Twitter

Quick Facts

Location: Austin, TX
Distance from in.gredients: 5.2 miles
Delivery to in.gredients: By truck, in reusable cardboard boxes.


A variety of seasonal vegetables. What we have in stock is dependent on what’s in season.

Written by cscdavis

January 18, 2013 at 11:30 am

Posted in Daily Recipes, Vendors

2 Responses

Subscribe to comments with RSS.

  1. […] salad with a cilantro vinaigrette. We wanted to feature the lovely cilantro that we just got from Urban Roots. This beloved east Austin farm is a pretty incredible place. As a nonprofit organization, they use […]

  2. […] got in these beautiful beets from Urban Roots, a farm only 5 miles down the road. That’s what local food looks […]

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: