Help us Select our New Non-Profit Community Partner

with 3 comments

Did you know that every time you use your reusable container, we donate 5 cents to our non-profit community partner?

For the past six months we have partnered with Mother’s Milk Bank, a non-profit organization whose mission is to accept, pasteurize, and dispense donor human milk by physician prescription, primarily to premature and ill infants.

From February 15th- February 28th we’re asking our customers and online community to help us decide our next non-profit partner. Starting April 1st, in.gredients will donate 5 cents per container as well as have branded reusable bags for sale with 100% of the bag proceeds going to our community partner.

Please take the time to read about these four amazing local non-profit organizations, and then take the poll to help us decide who our next partner will be. Thank you!

  behive2   The BeHive Austin is a tightly woven family of dynamic staff, caring volunteers, community collaborators, and beloved children and families. In our unique, student-centered neighborhood clubhouses, our exceptional out-of-school and summer-time programs provide academic support, encourage self-discovery and critical thinking skills, and help students feel safe, valued and enthusiastic about learning. Our vision is to create a community that cares for children, creating children that care for their community.
  empowerartlogo   Empower Art is an emerging non-profit organization in Austin, TX dedicated to helping at-risk youth through the creative arts. Empower Art facilitates healing and empowerment for adolescent survivors of family and sexual violence and other marginalized populations through various forms of creative expression. Empower Art provides an environment in which young people can learn healthy coping skills, self-expression and social responsibility through the production and performance of art, music, theater and dance.
    Urban Patchwork Neighborhood Farms (UP) is a network of neighborhood-scale “farms” growing fresh food in yards since 2009. People share time, space and money to create abundance. Walkable. Bike-able. Community owned food. Our vision is that every neighborhood in Austin is its own network of food forests and weekly farm stands run and supported by neighbors who live within walking/biking distance of where their food is grown. Urban Patchwork also trains new urban farmers in sustainable, small scale horticultural and regenerative food production to establish Austin’s first community-owned community-produced food system.
    Urban Roots uses sustainable agriculture to transform the lives of young people and increase access to healthy food. Housed on a 3.5-acre sustainable urban farm in East Austin, Urban Roots provides paid internships, life and job skills, and service opportunities in the areas of hunger and food access to youth age 14 to 17 in Austin. Each year, Urban Roots works with hundreds of youth interns and adult volunteers to grow our goal of 30,000 pounds of produce, 40% of which is donated to local soup kitchens and food pantries. The other 60% is sold at local farmers’ markets and through our Community Supported Agriculture program.

Written by cscdavis

February 15, 2013 at 11:18 am

Posted in Campaign

3 Responses

Subscribe to comments with RSS.

  1. Go Behive!

    Charlie Hirst

    February 25, 2013 at 6:04 pm

  2. Urban Patchwork. Thanks, In.Gredients!


    February 28, 2013 at 12:02 pm

  3. Urban patchwork – please…thanks

    Dick Pierce

    Dick Pierce

    February 28, 2013 at 7:20 pm

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: